Last Saturday's race in pictures.
Mile 6- halfway there! I'm really cookin'! (Or is it bakin'?)
Around mile 10. Love this Wall of Shame racing pic. Licking the gu off my lips. Ha!
Pretty sure I hadn't noticed the photographer yet.
Oh! Hey there, guy!
Approaching the finish.
Ahhh, done! That's a satisfied look if I've ever seen one.
Some random Halloween Half factoids-
- My apron says Cupcake Queen 2010 and I did indeed earn that title at a neighborhood Cupcake Wars last month. The cupcake that won me that apron? A white cupcake filled with a miniature pumpkin pie and topped with cinnamon cream cheese buttercream. Every bit as good as it sounds.
- I gave high fives with my mixing spoon along the course to all the li'l spectating kiddos. Lots of high fives. No germs!
- I wore my new Yurbuds for this race and I love them! They never moved. And the music was crystal clear.
- I got a phone call from my neighbor at about mile 11 and, for a second, thought about answering. She had no idea I was racing and I think she would have been mortified if I had answered in the middle of a race. I do answer my phone while on training runs, though.
- I haven't run since the race last Saturday because of how thrashed my quads have been. I tried on Tuesday but couldn't pick my feet up. I've never been this sore after a race (and that includes my full marathon last January.) No worries, though. I am finally recovered and headed out for a few easy miles tomorrow morning.
I made a wedding cake!
Here's a pic after the florist added a few touches...
See?! My costume for the half was totally fitting. I am a baker!