I'm on Day 5 of marathon recovery and while my legs have been feeling great since, oh, like Tuesday, my neck still has me feeling like I'm walking around with my shoulders attached to my ears. Thai Guy's new affectionate nickname for me- "Stiff Neck." When he gets home from work, "How's it going, Stiff Neck?" and "What's for dinner, Stiff Neck?" Romantic, huh? How about "Can I get you anything, sweetheart?" "Want me to rub out that...Stiff Neck?!" Well, to be perfectly honest, he has offered but what he does to my neck will surely injure it further so I settle for ibuprofen and a heating pad. Anyone else ever hurt their neck/shoulder during a long run? This is the 2nd time this has happened to me! What am I doing wrong? Oh, and the running joke around here (which I love) is that I hurt it because I had to keep looking over my shoulder to see where he was during the race. Ha ha ha! Probable, I guess.
On to the pick-me-up! TMB @ Racing with Babes awarded me this Beautiful Blogger Award and it has really made my day! (Thanks, doll!) In order to accept this prestigious award I must give you guys 7 random facts about me and then award 7 others. So, here goes:
- I find it really funny that every time I mistype marathon (of which I do more often than not) it comes out marathong or marathin. Totally something Freudian going on there. Makes me laugh every time. Well, more like chuckle...in my head. You know.
- My mind goes blank in the middle of sentences sometimes. I will just forget a word. Something simple like...flashlight. (Not that I talk about flashlights often.) It usually goes something like this- "I can't see. Can someone get me a, ummm, uhhh...." And I play some sort of impromptu charades to get my point across. It's ridiculous. It's frustrating! (But actually pretty funny, too.) Just hoping this doesn't mean I'm headed to early onset Alzheimer's or something.)
- My name is pronounced- uh-lish-uh. Just figured you should know. Although, my Dad calls me "Leesh" with a think hillbilly accent. Which leads me to-
- I grew up in the hills of West Virginia. No, I'm not a coal miner's daughter but I am a hillbilly's daughter and I love going home to visit every summer. Being with my family just resets me and makes me feel comfortable and happy.
- I love to decorate cakes and I have a cake blog where I post pics of my cakes. Nothing else. Just pictures of cakes. If you'd like to see it, you may. Just click here.
- I love watching food shows when I'm dieting. Somehow it calms my cravings. Right now I'm hooked on 101 Tastiest Places to Chowdown on the Travel Channel. Food porn. So good but oh so bad.
- I got hit by a car when I was 5. Don't worry. I'm okay.
Now, I officially award the Beautiful Blogger Award to:
Heidi @ One Step at a Time
Casey @ VivaRunVegas
Dorothy @ Mile Posts
Mel @ Tall Mom on the Run
Christy @ It Just Looks Like Slow Motion
Julia @ Chocolate Shoestrings
AND Anne @ Asthma and the Gift of Running
Can't wait to read your lists! Have a great day!