a mommy inspired list.
Now that I'm a mommy:
1. I know the meaning of the word "ouch." (Delivered rugrat #1 with no epidural. Ouch, indeed. Makes me ashamed that I ever used the term before.)
2. I only decorate with items that can't be broken.
3. I have a new appreciation for abstract art and I display it all over my fridge.
4. Exercise and "me time" have to go hand in hand because I have no time for both.
5. I learned I can take a punch to the face. Who knew?
6. I had to buy a steam cleaner.
7. I will sometimes stay up way past my bedtime no matter how tired I am because it's quiet! Ahhh, I love those nights.
8. I went from thinking that I'm a kind, patient person to thinking, "I've really got work on being more kind and patient."
9. I can ignore crying, whining, etc. for hours on end. Doesn't phase me one bit.
10. I get it! I get why everyone says, "It's the toughest job you'll ever love." Wouldn't change a thing about my life or my boys. Just to hear those little voices call me Mommy. What a blessing!
Little Red, Firstborn and me last month on my birthday.
Love, love, LOVE these little guys!
(Even with all the pee on the toilet seat. The joy of boys.)
Also, today was my first speedwork day on the new plan and I loved every second of it. That's where I get my runner's high. Going faster than I think my legs will let me. So fun!
When do you get the runner's high? Or have you never felt it? I'm curious!