Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

a Virtual Race for Autism Update + Join the Fun!

Uh. I'm running a marathon on Saturday!  There has been so much stuff going on that I nearly forgot!  Here's what I've been up to since my last post...

I watched Little Red graduate from PreK. That kid is such a goof!
I've been playing with my boys as much as possible.

I turned this mess...

...into this graduation cake for a super sweet high school graduate.

And this morning, I made this yummy oatmeal pancake and topped it with PB, dried cranberries, coconut, buckwheat groats, and a little syrup. Recipe from Kath Eats Real Food.
(Like my attempt at taking a pretty food picture?)


Oh, and I also went to pump class. And ran a mile afterwards since class ended a few minutes early.

That's not to mention all the craziness that goes into making sure Train4Autism's aid station at the Utah Valley Marathon is the best!  And still doing last minute prep for Ragnar next weekend. And filling in our playground with pea gravel. And doing all the mom stuff like laundry, cooking, cleaning...you know the drill. I'm exhausted!

Enough about me, here's what you guys have been up to-

You've been running!  And I've got pics to prove it!  I am loving all these results coming in for my virtual 5k.  Don't wait to join in!  Click HERE to find out how to participate. You've got until Friday at midnight to get in your results to me. Good luck!!
Sarah @ RunningIsALife ran for 2 causes at once by running my virtual 5k as part of a local 5k.  Great idea, Sarah!  I loved reading her recap.  Written just as a competitive runner thinks.
Julia @ PainPridePerseverance sent this treadmill shot after running a speedy 5k for autism.  Julia is a psychologist in training and has worked with families affected by autism.  She listed lots a great reasons to support my cause along with her race recap. Thanks, Julia!

This Garmin picture is courtesy of Rochelle @ BabesOnAMission. She pushed herself and ran faster with each mile. Congrats, Rochelle!
Maria @ TheSplendiferousLife ran the 5k with her buddy Alissa and her sweet Julia.  I can tell from her recap that they really had fun with it. Maria's cute yellow button earrings I think say it all about this girl's fun personality.


Here's the list of participants I have so far. If you are not on this list and should be let me know!  If you are not on this list and really want to be click HERE to find out how to participate and win some really cool prizes all in the name of charity! Gotta love it!!

7 comments:

  1. wow!! you have been busy! and are SO talented in the cake-making department. That cake LOOKS AWESOME!

    WOO HOO! Loving all the people that are participating and so happy you are getting so much support from this! Can't believe the race is THIS saturday :) Hope to see you there at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that cake is remarkable! Can't wait to hear all about the race!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that cake is amazing. You are incredibly talented.

    I really hope to meet you this weekend. I will be at the expo around 4:00p.m. and will be looking for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome you were able to get so much support for the prizes!

    LOVE your new header. LOVE that cake. Maybe you could give me lessons =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! That pancake looks delicious!!! I'll probably be doing my 5K tonite, and I'll get you a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are busy!  Good luck with the marathon tomorrow!  I'm planning to do my 5K during your marathon time so I can pretend I'm cool like you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool is not a word anybody uses to describe me. haha Can't wait to hear how your 5k goes!

    ReplyDelete