Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a Virtual Race for Autism 5k- Winners Announced!!!

I am nearly finished with my race recap from Saturday's marathon but my pictures are on another computer (doh!) so it looks I won't be posting the full recap until Wednesday.  Until then I am kicking my feet up in Park City on a mini vacation (ie. husband's work trip). I always love this trip because he gets to bring the whole family and I am especially loving it this year.  Such a nice time to be within a few steps of the nearest hot tub, sauna, or steam room. It sure is helping my recovery!  Three days post marathon and I'm feeling like I may try to run today. Maybe just a couple miles to shake everything out.  I don't want to overdo it with Ragnar coming in 4 DAYS! (Wahoo!)

Here's a quick review of Saturday's race: I got up really early, ran pretty steady, a couple of hills but no big issues and a PR!  Amazing how I turned all that into such a long post earlier.

I figured the least I could do while I'm hangin' here by the pool is post the winners from my virtual 5k.  Thirty-eight of you participated and helped me get about $400 closer to my goal! Wow! Thank you guys so much!  I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me.  I loved hearing about your personal connections to autism.  I was also so touched by those who participated just as a chance to support me and my goals.  Amazing!  I have been so overwhelmed with emotion and have had a hard time really expressing what this experience has meant to me. I was nearly in tears as I spoke with Candice about it after the race on Saturday. I hope that each of you get the chance to train and raise money for a cause that is dear to you. Truly an incredible experience.

Ok. I've got my random number generator all set to go so let's start with a list of all the participants.

First through the finish line-
Rachelle @RunningforTrevor coming in at 20:54!  
Congrats, Rachelle! I've got something fun coming your way for being our fastest 5k-er and you are absolutely still in the running for the raffle prizes!   

Click HERE to see the rest of the crew!  Good job guys! I heard from more than a few of you that running this virtual 5k helped put a little OOMPH in your workout.  Feels SO good to leave it all out there on the pavement, right?!  (Look for more virtual 5k pics in coming posts.)

Now for the prizes! I've really been looking forward to this!

The Winner of the Allied Medal Hanger is #2- Erin!

The 3 Winners that will each win a Bondi Band are #4, #11 and #36- Amy C., Melissa, and Blaine (your wife or daughter will love it!)

The Winner of a BIG box of Blueberry Crisp Clif Bars is #23- Anne Marie!

The 2 Winners of the the GU Electrolyte Tablets are #6 and #18- Christy and Rochelle!

The 2 Winners of the Nathan Trail Mix Hydration Packs are #10 and #3- Jennifer F. and Sarah @RunningIsALife!

The Winner of the Pink Series 10k entry is #9- Kim! (Kim- if you can't make it to this race, let me know and I'll get you another prize.) The 2 Winners of the Pink Series shirts are #34 and #7- Mom and Margaret!

The 2 Winners of a RazzyRoo Headband are #14 and #28- Candice and Ros!

The 6 winners that will each get a $15 gift certificate to RoadID are #32, #5, #19, #21, #16 and #37- Stephanie C., Brandy, Kara G., KayeLynne, Stacie, and MaxsMom.

Finally, the 6 winners of a Runnerd sticker are #26, #31, #8, #27, #13, and #25 - Haley, Maria, Julia, Emily G., Christine and Giraffy!

(You may notice a couple of missing prizes. Sadly, 2 companies that had offered prizes originally have ignored my subsequent emails. Really disappointing. BUT to make up for those missing prizes, I will be sending a surprise goodies to #33, #29 and #17 - Kelly, Sarah @RunningOnWords and Nancy!  I am absolutely happy to do it!)

You guys rock for supporting me and this really special autism classroom! If you won a prize, please send me an email to aliciaruns @ hotmail.com. Include your name and address and the prize that you won and I will get it out to you ASAP!

Utah Valley Marathon race recap coming tomorrow!

*I really hope to make this an annual event so hopefully you guys will give me some feedback about things I can do better next year. Comments, suggestions??

6 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo :) Can't wait for Marathon race recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! The link for participants isn't working! I'm working on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, enjoy your time of R&R!  Sounds like a wonderful place to kick back for a bit.  Can't wait for the rest of your recap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun on your mini vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun in PC I love that place.  And I must say you did a great job with this virtual 5k.  Sorry I was so slow to e-mail my time to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo!  Can't wait to see what my surprise is!  I  e-mailed you.

    ReplyDelete