Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Give me a beat!

I love to listen to music when I run.  I know that some think that it interferes with the purity of the sport but a good tune can really give me a boost when I need it.  That being said, I don't always have headphones on while I run but probably over 50% of the time.

Anyway, I thought I'd share what I have on my mp3 player right now.  It's an eclectic mix for sure- everything from pop to country to Aretha.  Love it!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Click on "pop-out player" to scan through the songs or just go to the bottom of this page.

It's time for me to go lace up my Asics and get out on the road. Easy 6 miles today! Marathon 1 week from today!

Any tips on eating or anything else for this next week??

4 comments:

  1. DO NOT overhydrate!! I repeat DO NOT overhydrate. LOL... I have been told that my first Marathon story helps people learn what no to do, super huh? Eat what you have eaten the night before your long runs, fuel and drink during the race. HAVE FUN!! Do not put pressure on yourself and try to get some good sleep.

    Hugs to 1 week.. I am so excited for you I can't stand it. I LOVE LOVE First Marathon stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say remember to fuel! When I ran Boston I hadn't fueled until I got to Heartbreak Hill (mile 20)...not good! So exciting though! I love the song Defying Gravity...always makes me run faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pancakes :)

    We have a great pancake place here in Nashville, called Pancake Pantry. I'm partial to the Buckwheat Pancakes. It's my new ritual before a Half or Full.

    Also, I gu'd every 6 miles on my last marathon and found it was better near the 22 mile mark, than when I did NOT gu late in the marathon.

    Good Luck. I'll check back and see your Marathon review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say remember to fuel! When I ran Boston I hadn't fueled until I got to Heartbreak Hill (mile 20)...not good! So exciting though! I love the song Defying Gravity...always makes me run faster!

    ReplyDelete