- Run a 5k in less than 24 minutes. Current PR is 25:47. (FAIL! But did manage to get a new PR of 25:27! I'll be trying this one again this year.)
- Start running longer distances (5+ miles) at least once a week. (Check!)
- Play in a local mixed doubles tennis tournament with Will. (FAIL! This one is the one I'm most afraid of! I'm just so scared to lose that I won't even try. I'm sure this has something to do with my terrible high school tennis team experience, or lack thereof. I'm still adding this one to this year's goals. I really need to get over it already.)
- Learn how to swim, like really swim- backstroke, breaststroke, etc. (FAIL! I thought I might want to do a triathlon but I'm not even remotely interested anymore. I'll leave the swimming to the fish...and the old people at the gym.)
- Save at least $500/month. (FAIL! Not even close. Ha!)
- Lose 10 lbs (or more) and keep it off! (I lost it but didn't keep it off. This one's a wash.)
- Refinish the 2 old dressers that are collecting dust in the garage. (Is it possible it's been over a year since I got those old dressers?! Geesh! Well, didn't refinish them but I did clean them up and they are being used so this one's a wash, too.)
- Reorganize and redecorate the loft upstairs. (Um, fail.)
- Spend more time working with Coleman on reading and helping Cooper with his speech. (Check! At least I have my priorities in line.)
- Read more books. Not to the boys. I read plenty of those. I mean actual grown-up best-seller list books. Then maybe I won't feel like I'm getting dumber with each passing year. (Check! In fact, I've read 3 books in the last 3 weeks!)
My Goals for 2010
- Running goals: first marathon (1/9/10!), 5k in less than 24 min, 10k in less than 50 min, and a half-marathon in less than 1hr55min. All will require some work but all are totally attainable.
- Be at church on time at least 90% of the time. This one will be difficult since church starts at 9:00am this year and I made it to church on time, oh, about 5% of the time when church started at 1:00pm. Now's a great time to figure out a new Sunday morning regimen that will help us to be more prompt.
- Read my scriptures everyday. My reading has been inconsistent and I need to make sure that I read, even if just a little, everyday.
- Do something nice for someone everyday. Make cookies, write a letter, pay a compliment- be creative and be personal. Surprise people with a nice gesture. Love this one and I'm thinking I'll get the whole family involved.
- Play in a mixed doubles tennis tournament with hubster. This year, I'm not letting this one beat me. There is a local tournament every year in June and this year I'll be the first to sign up!
- Lastly, I wasn't even sure that I'd add this one this year, but I do need to lose a few pounds. To be totally honest, marathon training has led me down a path of, well, over-carbing and I'd like to be back to feeling like myself by spring. So, my last goal is to lose, hmm, let's say 10 pounds and get back to weight-training and feeling light and spry again.
Really looking forward to twenty-ten! Good luck to all you goal-setting fools and Happy New Year!!!