Enough of that, on to much busier things. Marathon training is well on it's way. I have long run #2 tomorrow (14 miles) and it looks as if I will be doing that one on the treadmill, too. Disappointing! Especially because the weather was so beautiful earlier today. It was actually semi-warm and the sun was shining. The clouds and snow rolled in so fast this afternoon! So, rather than break an ankle out in the snow, I'll be looking for a movie to help me forget that I'm running on the treadmill. Worked last week. Any recommendations?! I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. A total girl, I know. :)
The Pink Series Half Marathon contacted me and offered to give one of my readers a FREE ENTRY (!) to run in their 2011 event this October in Park City, UT. I am *very* excited for this race and let me tell you why-
- Utah's only All-Female half marathon race. (Think pink!) You know how fun it is to run with your gal pals. Imagine a race with the same appeal as your weekly sweaty gab-fests.
- Park City! Absolutely one of the most breathtaking places in the world. A real destination race.
- My friend Cami ran in the inaugural event last year and was one of the first to sign up when registration opened this year. Here's what she said when I asked her what made this race so special- "I loved the fact that it was small, all women, and we were all wearing pink! Plus, you are in one of the most beautiful venues to run in! :) The time of year makes it really nice too, the weather is cool and crisp, enough to keep you cool...but not freeze you. Also, the SWAG was awesome! They totally treat you like you want to be treated as a girl. The support was fantastic, not to mention the fact that we are racing for a cure for breast cancer. At the end, they had these super handsome men waiting for you at the finish line, all decked out in suits and pink ties... a nice way to end a race! :)"
So, want to know how to enter to win a FREE ENTRY into this fabulous race?! Of course you do! You can earn up to 4 entries by doing these simple things:
- Tell me in a comment what you love about ladies only events. (This will be my first so I'm excited to read your comments.)
- Become a follower of this blog and let me know in a separate comment that you follow.
- "Like" The Pink Series on Facebook and leave me another comment letting me know that you did.
- Post this giveaway on your facebook page or blog and tell me about it!